Search This Blog

Sunday 6 April 2014

Mani Revamp: OPI Classi and Zoya Storm Gradient

Hi guys,
Today I have a mani revamp for you. After a couple of days with a single colour I like to add to it to change it up a bit, saves me removing the whole thing. I've been wanting to do this for ages, since I bought Zoya storm actually, but now that it's done I'm not not sure about the results. What do you think?

OPI DS Classic Gradient with Zoya Storm - Indoors Flash

For this revamp I sponged on Zoya Storm and OPI DS Classic on my accent nails (ring finder and thumb) and then top coated all my nails with Essence Gel Look topcoat. I'm a bit on the fence with this, looks alright with the flash liks so:

OPI DS Classic Gradient with Zoya Storm - Indoors Flash
But in natural light I don't like it as much:

OPI DS Classic Gradient with Zoya Storm - Outside Shade

OPI DS Classic Gradient with Zoya Storm - Outside Shade
 The more I look at the more it looks looks like  bruise. Maybe I should do all my nails and start with black at the tips for the rest of them? Not sure . . .

In any case Zoya storm is a black jelly, fairly opaque (would be fine with 2 coats I think) with larger holographic particles in it. They are very visible in the bottle and are definitely a scattered holo. I got Storm from Zoya.com.au for $8 when they were on sale when I bought Logan and Blaze. I totally get an X-Men vibe with these names though, I mean Logan? It's a forest green, that suits Wolverine so well! And a black for Storm/Aurora? I like to think that's the inspiration :)

So what do you think of this mani, yay or nay?

Pins, Patterns and Polish



No comments:

Post a Comment