Search This Blog

Friday 4 April 2014

OPI DS Classic Swatches and Review

Hi guys,
Today I have another polish for you to look at. It's a holo and it's a nice champagne/neutral colour as well! I present to you Classic, from OPI's DS range. Ta da!

OPI DS Classic

For those of you who don't know, OPI has a 'Designer Series' that comprises mostly of sparkly holos, well the old ones did anyway. These can be a bit hard to come by depending on where you live, I know David Jones still stocks some DS polishes, but not all of them and they retail for about $24.95 I think (they're actually on sale at David Jones at the moment for $18.95). These are quite beautiful and when I found a whole stack of them, including older ones, at Price Attack for $5, how could I not pick some up? 

OPI DS Classic - Full Sun
 Classic is a nice neutral beigey colour full of silver and tan sparkle with added holo particles. Classic is one of the least holo polishes of the DS range but still gorgeous none the less. Here I have 2 coats of classic topped off with 2 coats of Poshe. It applied flawlessly and looks amazing!

OPI DS Classic - Full Sun
I mean how could you not like this? The holo is a bit shy, but under fluros or in the sun it is definitely there. In the shade it looks more like sand, but it's not at all gritty, it's beautiful! I only used 2 coats of top coat because I like the added thickness it adds to my nails, it makes them feel stronger and because they're getting long this helps keep them from breaking . . . I think. Here are some shots of Classic in the shade.

OPI DS Classic - Shade
OPI DS Classic - Shade
When I first showed my boyfriend this colour he said it was for old ladies, clearly he didn't see it out in the sun! this is a beautiful neutral that is very office appropriate even with the sparkle. If I worked in an office, I would wear this everyday. I think this colour would work for most skin tones, I have olive skin and it's pretty much perfect for me, it doesn't have too much brown in it so I don't think it would muddy lighter skin tones too much. 

I will definitely be wearing this again, I love the DS polishes. I think I'll add to this later in the week, I really wanted to stamp on this but my Moyou London plates haven't arrived yet! Maybe on Monday . . . I can dream can't I? Do you guys have any ideas? And here I leave you with one last pic, so beautiful!

OPI DS Classic - Full Sun
See you guys next time!

Pins, Patterns and Polish


 

No comments:

Post a Comment