Search This Blog

Sunday 4 May 2014

A Mystery OPI Polish + Studs

Hi guys,
Today I have for you a manicure that I'm quite excited about, mostly because I haven't done anything like this before. I can't remember if I mentioned that I bought a wheel of studs off of Ebay for some nail art, but they arrived about a week ago and I have been excited to use them. This is the look I came up with, quite weather appropriate considering it's dropped about 15 degrees here overnight!

Mystery OPI + Studs - Full Sun
For this mani I used one of my oldest untried polishes, this thing has been sitting in my polish box for over a year and I haven't used it, funnily enough it has no sticker on the bottom so I don't even know what it's called, it's a mystery polish! From some googling I *think* it might be William Tell Me About OPI from the Swiss collection, but if you have other ideas let me know! For a while I thought it might be All A-Bordeaux The Sled, but it's not brown enough and it's too dark. I used 2 easy coats of this polish, it has an excellent formula, very smooth, then I applied the studs using the wrong end of my clean up brush.


Mystery OPI + Studs - Shade
 I love these rectangle studs, the wheel also came with small and larger circles in both gold and silver as well as tear drops, squares, triangles, love hearts and stars. It has pretty much everything you could want. I topped the whole mani off with a generous coat of Poshé, and it's so unbelievably glossy, any imperfections show up. Looks great though. 

Mystery OPI + Studs - Shade
 As you can see the colour changes a bit depending on the light. when I first bought it, the fluros on the store made it look much brighter and more red. But it's actually a vampy plum/wine, very dark, almost black in the shade. The addition of studs really makes it less gothic looking and more modern I think. It's absolutely lovely in the sun.the studs are also quite secure, before i attached them to then nail i dabbed some topcoat on the back and then covered the whole nail with a relatively thick layer of it, and although my nail doesn't feel completely smooth, the edges of the stud are quite well embedded in polish.

Mystery OPI + Studs - Full Sun
If you've been thinking of dabbling in the nail stud scene, I'd recommend it, it's easy to pull off and lasts quite well too. It brings a whole new look to the nails and could be used in a bunch of different ways. These studs were less than $3 on Ebay, the only downside is that they took about 3 weeks to arrive, but that's to be expected.

I quite love this nail polish, I wouldn't use it every day but I think it's an excellent autumn/winter shade and can be jazzed up easily. If you have any guesses on what OPI shade it might be let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

See you next time.

Pins, Patterns and Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment