Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Zoya Zuza Review + Swatches

Hi guys,
Just a quick post for today, I'm trying to keep up with my manis but it looks like I have quite a few that need to be published still. Today I present to you Zoya Zuza, part of the 2012 Summer Surf Collection. I was really looking forward to this polish because Zuza was touted as being the most beautiful of the collection with its rich turquoise colour.

Zoya Zuza - Weak Sunlight


 Unfortunately, the day i painted my nails the sun wouldn't come out so the sunshine pictures aren't super strong. Onto the review. Zuza is like the other polishes from the Surf Collection, packed full of silvery shimmer as well as shimmer that matches the polish colour. These swatches show two coats of Zuza, I think my middle finger is 3 coats because there was some balding and it was a bit sheer in places. I topped it all off with 1 coat of Poshe. 

Zoya Zuza - Shade
 I'd say these photos are pretty accurate of the colour and Zuza is not as bright and saturated as I expected it to be from swatches online. So either I got a bad bottle or the online photos are misleading. Somehow I don't think hundreds of bloggers have got it wrong so I'm going to say it's just my bottle. That's unfortunate as I was really looking forward to this colour.

Zoya Zuza - Shade
 The formula on this was fairly good, although not as good as some of the other polishes in the collection which could be one coaters (like Carly and Rory). This required 2 good coats to get it opaque and I did experience some balding so be careful when going over the same area multiple times.

Zoya Zuza - Shade
 This colour has a really strong silver shimmer along with the turquoise/aqua shimmer and is a bit foily in terms of finish. 

I love all the polishes from the Surf Collection, however this one did disappoint me a bit, I expected a brighter colour.

As always if you have any comments, leave them down below. I'll try and get my next post out sooner and not make you wait so long!

Until next time,

Pins, Patterns and Polish


No comments:

Post a Comment