Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Green Holo Thermal!!! Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Review + Swatches

Hi guys!
First up, I have a confession to make. I've spent way too much money on nail polish in the last week and am now on a self imposed buying ban :( But seriously, what's a girl to do when she finds $4 China Glaze polishes and Femme Fatale has a 25% off sale? I also found the OPI Brazil Beach Sandies set for cheap so I had to pick that up too *ashamed face*. So yes, there will be a ban until July, preferably the end of July, let's see if I can last!

On the plus side my Femme Fatale order (which I ordered on Friday) arrived yesterday and it was a long weekend, so really on one working day. I love living in the same city as an Indie polish supplier :). Today I have Margaritaville from liquid Sky Lacquer to show you, it's a green holo thermal! I am so excited!

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville
Liquid Sky Lacquer is an indie polish brand from the US (California) and can be bought from their Big Cartel store or Femme Fatale's online store for Aussies. I picked this up on Friday during a 25% off sale as I've been lemming a green thermal for a while. This one is awesome because it has the added bonus of being a holo and a pretty good one at that!

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Warm - Full Sun
Margaritaville is lime/apple green when warm and a blue leaning emerald green when cold, both with a brilliant holo sparkle. The holo only comes out in sunlight and some indoor lighting but it's very visible and beautiful. It looks like coarser spectraflair was used in this polish which I quite like, it give a bit of shimmery/grainy appearance and doesn't dull the colour as much as finer grade spectraflair does. 

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Warm - Shade
In the shade this polish does lose something of its beauty, but the colour is still amazing! Margaritaville has a fairly thick formula, like nearly all thermals, but it's uite opaque and only needed two coats. I did use fairly thick coats, although it's hard to do anything but that with such a thick formula. the polish spread easily and evenly around the nail, I did find myself going over the same area a few time to get the coverage I wanted but this didn't cause balding. This polish dries to a very smooth somewhat matte finish. I topped it off with 1 coat of Poshé.

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Cold- Full Sun
From the cold picture you can see the colour is kin of hard to describe. It's definitely green, and I've seen it described as emerald even, but I don't think that fits very well. There's a bit of blue going on in there and give this unique forest green/emerald green look. What would you call this colour? Here's a comparison of the polish as it changes from warm to cold:

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville - Full Sun
The top is the warm colour and the middles shows the transition. It's quite cold outside at the moment so there wasn't much tip changing going on, my whole nail colour would change instead. When I did the dishes though the nails were that lovely bright green colour and the tips would change when mt hands were out of the water. It was pretty cool.

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Warm - Full Sun
I think I'll keep this colour for summer as I prefer the warm colour and my hands have issues retaining heat. I love the lime green type of colour and the holo shine. This polish is pretty awesome. And another few photos for fun:

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Cold- Shade
Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville Cold- Full Sun
I'm thinking of what nail art to add to this, I want to use studs and some tape, I just need a contrasting colour. Any ideas?

What do you guys think of this polish?

Pins, Patterns and Polish






No comments:

Post a Comment