Search This Blog

Friday 13 June 2014

Mani Revamp: Striping Tape and Stud Additions

Hi guys,
After my last post I added to the mani to create this:

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville + Zoya Veruschka + Studs - Flash in Shade

To do this I used striping tape (available off of Ebay for like $2 per 30 roll pack, so super cheap) and larger round silver studs from a wheel (also purchased on Ebay ~$3). I taped off a large X on each nail and then painted Zoya Veruschka on either the top or bottom quadrant depending on which nail it was.


Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville + Zoya Veruschka + Studs - Flash in Shade
To place the studs I used the end of my clean up brush and dab a bit of top coat on it to pick up the studs. I thin brush the bottom of the studs with more top coat and place it on the nail. This mani was pretty easy to do, the hardest part was finding a colour that went well with the base colour!

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville + Zoya Veruschka + Studs - Flash in Shade
 All of thes photos were taken when the base polish was in its warm state (it is a thermal) and the use of the flash helps to bring out the sparkle and holo particles. The sun has being playing hide and seek and wasn't out at all today! so unfortunately no sunshine pics :(

I love this combo and the geometry of it, that's got to be the engineer/maths nerd in me :P. The studs are a tad big, but I think it worked out well. And it's thermal, so the contrasting colours change a bit too.

What do you think of this mani?

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment