Search This Blog

Monday 30 June 2014

Zoya Holly Review + Swatches

Hi guys,
Another blog post today! After my light and colourful Sheer Tints mani I decided that my next one would be kinda the opposite. I dug out a polish that I've had for a couple of months and is still an untried. I present Zoya Holly from the 2011 Gems and Jewels Collection.

Zoya Holly
I acquired Zoya Holly during one of their sales and it was sold in a set along with Rina which is an emerald and holographic bar glitter. I think the set was $10 and as I had a $10 off code and the Gloss collection polishes were on sale I got 4 polishes for $20, including shipping, bargain! I highly recommend frequenting the Zoya site and following their Facebook page for sales info. 

Zoya Holly - Full Sun
Holly is a saturated emerald green in a shimmery metallic finish. This polish is gorgeous and opaque in 2 coats and has a lit from within kind of quality to it. I topped it off with 2 coats of Poshé to make it dry faster and last longer. I'm going camping some time this week, so no nail stuff for me, I need to make sure this baby lasts.

Zoya Holly - Full Sun
The formula on this polish is pretty good. It's nice and opaque and glides on smoothly with minimal brush strokes. However you do need to let it dry for a couple of minutes in between coats to make sure there's no dragging or balding. This was a bit of an issue on both my middles fingers. I'm not sure what happened but when I applied topcoat it pulled the polish with it. So both had to be redone.

Zoya Holly - Shade
Holly really shines out in the sun and is much darker in the shade, losing it's shimmer. But it's still definitely green and does not go anywhere near black territory. I'm quite a fan of this polish. It's got an almost duochrome finish to it. In the bottle you get glimpses of blue but that really doesn't translate on the nail. To ensure I didn't get too bored with my nails I added some gold studs.

Zoya Holly - Shade
The studs are from a wheel purchased on Ebay for around $3. I'm really liking these tear drop shaped ones, because my nails are quite long I feel it goes well :) The gold also livens this up for the shade, making my nails pretty indoors as well.

Zoya Holly -Sun
With the two coats of topcoat this mani is uber glossy and divine in full sun. I'd think about recreating it for a ball or special event because it just screams evening to me, or using for stamping as I'm sure it would be great for that. I'd actually love a blue version of this, maybe darker than Noel from the same collection. Do you have any recommendations?

What do you think of this polish? Is the Gems and Jewels collection for you?

Pins, Patterns and Polish





No comments:

Post a Comment