Search This Blog

Monday 9 June 2014

Zoya Paloma Swatches + Review Feat. Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat and Zoya Kimber

Hi guys!
So I just finished my last week of uni, hopefully forever! And I felt like having something bright on my nails and I remembered my holo top coat. I've also been wanting to try out Zoya Paloma, so this is what I came up with!
I pulled Zoya Kimber out again, see my review on that lovely polish here. Kimber so bright, beautiful and squishy with that lovely gold shimmer running through it. So after 2 thin coats of Kimber and 1 coat of Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat I sealed it all with 1 coat of Poshé. 

Zoya Kimber + Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat - Full Sun
As with my previous mani with Zoya Meg, the holo comes through so well! It's bloody hard to photograph so there's not much I can say but that the holo is sooo soooo much better in person. In the shade it does dull the base colour a tad, but Kimber is so bright this is barely noticeable.

Zoya Kimber + Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat - Shade
The following day I decided to add some Zoya Paloma. This is from the 2012 NFW Gloss collection. There are three shades, i have all but Catherine, which is a browny eggplant colour. Paloma is the pink of the collection and from blogs I read it takes about 4 coats to become opaque. I only added 1 coat as I didn't want to dull the holo too much and it worked!

Zoya Kimber + Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat + Zoya Paloma - Natural Light
It's hard to see in this pic, but the layer of Paloma made the polish more vibrant/saturated. I love this with Paloma because they greying effect of the holo is completely removed. The holo isn't as strong but it's still there and beautiful. I've tried to capture it in the next photo.

Zoya Kimber + Gloss 'N Sparkle Holo Topcoat + Zoya Paloma - Flash
I think the layer of Paloma on my ring finger is a little thicker than my other fingers so the colour is a tad more saturated. So keep that in mind when using/thinking of buying this polish. I love it, I can't wait to try more layering combinations! Maybe even jelly sandwiches :)

What do you think of Paloma?

Stay tuned for a mani revamp post tomorrow!

Pins, Patterns and Polish



No comments:

Post a Comment