Search This Blog

Saturday 12 July 2014

Mani Revamp! CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping

Hello!
After posting my Turned Up Turquoise review yesterday, I have since added to my nails as I really wanted to do some stamping!

CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping and Rhinestones
After painting on Turned Up Turquoise and topcoating it, I left it for about a day. I decided to break out the stamping equipment and pulled out another CG polish to stamp with. Deviantly Daring is a duochrome from the Bohemian collection and is a greenish teal colour. It doesn't have a strong colour shift and the darker blue you see in the bottle doesn't really show up on the nail.

CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping and Rhinestones - Sun
For the stamping I used the bottom right corner of Suki Plate 08, the bamboo design. I rubbed off the straight lines of the bamboo and just used the leaves to stamp with.

Source
After stamping the leaves onto each nail, I then placed a small 2mm light blue rhinestone on the center of each nail. I use a bit of Poshé fast drying top coat to glue the rhinestone down. I then layered a coat of non-quick dry topcoat over everything to seal in the design. 

CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping and Rhinestones - Shade
This design doesn't shop up as well in the shade due to the stamping colour being close to the base colour. But in the sun it really pops.

CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping and Rhinestones - Sun
Yesterday I spoke about the formula of Turned Up Turquoise having a bad wrap. I kinda get it. The polish is quite thin and brittle when dry. because my nails are a bit shorter now I think it will stay on better than if I had longer nails. However i do have tiny chips starting on the corner of my index and some tip wear. That wouldn't deter me from using it, but it might matter to someone else.

CG Turned Up Turquoise + Moyou Stamping and Rhinestones - Sun
Also, Deviantly Daring by itself chips like crazy. I got like 2 days of wear out of it, not impressed. As a stamping polish though it works brilliantly. Most of the Bohemian collection are opaque and chromey enough for this, except for Want My Bawdy.

So what do you think of this mani? It's very blue, reminds me of the ocean and summer. I'm quite a fan though!

Pins, Patterns and Polish



No comments:

Post a Comment