Search This Blog

Monday 17 November 2014

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie + MDU Black Lace Stamping

Hi guys,
I've been on holidays the past week just chilling out at the beach. I've been doing my nails every few days but have had internet issues, so none have been posted! Well here's a catch up post featuring one of my newer polishes by Rimmel as well as stamping with the fabulous Mundo de Unas polish!

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie + MDU Black Lace Stamping
These past two weeks I've been wearing Gelish Sheek White as my gel base which makes it really easy to do nail art over top. I can also just paint any regular polish but the nails do look a bit thicker as my gel base was quite thick. These photos show two coats of Lose Your Lingerie over a white base.

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie - Sun
Lose Your Lingerie is part of Rimmel's Rita Ora collection and is a beautiful soft pink with slight pearl/silver shimmer running through it. The shimmer is really hard to see, even in photos in the sun it doesn''t really show up. But it is a nice addition to an otherwise flat creme polish. The formula was thicker than your average polish as Rimmel touts these as being a "60 Seconds" polish. So they have good coverage but the first coat was slightly streaky, necessitating a second which evened everything out.I topped it all with a coat of Poshé.

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie - Sun
The Rita Ora polishes are quite nice with their little postage stamp on the cap. They make them look kind of retro and I'm digging that at the moment. I love the pale colours from this collection and have bought three of them. The Rimmel bottles are smaller than regular polish bottles and only carry 8ml, which can almost be considered a mini, so take that in to account when you buy them. 

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie - Sun
Now onto the nail art bit. I finally received my Mundo de Unas polishes in the mail after 6 weeks. They do take a while to get shipped but apparently anything from Mexico is going to be slow going in the mail. I was a bit worried that customs was going to take hem but no, I have them safe and sound. I bought 3 full sizes and 5 minis, and shipping was $17 for that. Yes it's expensive but the polish itself is really cheap. For this mani I broke out the black and my Emily de Molly lace stamping plate EDM01. 

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie + MDU Black Lace Stamping
I only used sections of the one design and I think it worked out quite well. Sort of like a funky french I think. I was really excited about MDU because I was expecting my best stamping experience ever, but it didn't work out that way, not with this black polish. It dried super fast and because of that it was very difficult to get a full image transfer. So there are little bits missing on the design. The parts that did transfer look great, very crisp and black. The transferring issue may have been related to the environment I was using it in, but i doubt it. I did not have this issue with the MDU gold polish.

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie + MDU Black Lace Stamping
I love how this design came out, it looks really cool! I'm enjoying using this plate and parts of the images to change it up between nails. I'm definitely happy with how dark the image is and how uniform it looks. It didn't smudge or anything with top coat either which is awesome. The MDU polishes do have a strong smell, the closest thing I can relate it to it wood lacquer. Nothing that bothers me too much, but I would recommend working in a well ventilated area. 

Rimmel Lose You Lingerie + MDU Black Lace Stamping
What do you think of this funky french design? Have you tried MDU's stamping polishes yet?

Pins, Patterns and Polish







No comments:

Post a Comment