Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Gelibility With Joss In a Mermaid's Dream

Hi Guys!
I have another Gelibility mani for you today and this one's a little different cause I used it more like a topper than for an actual gel colour. Take a look!

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream 
My last gel mani is still going strong, it's been a week today and there's still no sign of lifting or dulling. But I did get a bit bored with the colour and I spied this Joss polish on my Indie shelf and thought it would look quite nice with my current colour!

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream
Fluorescent Lighting
Joss is available from the Beauty World online store or in selected beauty supply stores for $7. Joss is an Australian salon brand and they have a wide range of colours and finishes. I gravitated towards their holos and shimmers when I made this purchase as how often do you see these kinds of polishes in store??? In a Mermaid's Dream is blue based glass fleck polish with a strong colour shift and some scattered holo particles. The glass flecks in the polish go from a pink tone to yellow and even green at extreme angles. The colour shift was pretty much impossible to capture with my camera. The photo below is the closest I could get. 

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream
Natural Indoor Lighting
I used Gelibility to mix up the Joss colour as a gel and used one generous coat over my existing gel colour. Because the directions of Gelibility say to remove the tacky layer before applying it, I didn't have an issue with using this colour directly over my existing gel mani. After ensuring there was adequate coverage, I then top coated with Gelish Top It Off.

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream
Natural Indoor Lighting
The finish on this mani is gorgeous! The high shine of the gel makes the flakies look like they're swimming in glass. The base colour (GellieBeans Ice Blue) isn't covered up too much but the sparkles make this look more like a rock star manicure. I've never had such a sparkly gel mani!

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream
Sunlight
The holo particles are pretty scattered but they make the finish extra sparkly and in the shade the pink flakes stand out a lot more. I'm quite happy with how this turned out and I haven't even had the urge to stamp it yet!

Joss In a Mermaid's Dream
Sunlight
I'm quite happy with the versatility of Gelibility, I love that I can just make glitter toppers out of polishes I already have. it saves a lot of cash on gels which are a fair bit more expensive than regular polish.

Have you tried Gelibility yet?
Do you ever freshen up your gel mani after a a week? 

Pins, Patterns and Polish

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Joss In a Mermaid's Dream such a beautiful color. I wouldn't want to stamp it either. And the shine! I haven't tried Gelibility but its worth looking into. I'd love to be able to get 2 weeks out of my regular polish stash. Particularly those special Indie polishes that are hard to get.

    ReplyDelete