Search This Blog

Saturday 25 April 2015

Neutral and Gold Lace Stamping With Gold Accents

Hi Guys!
Adding on to my last post about this beautiful nude colour, I wanted to do a design that showcased my new nail shape and complimented the polish. And this is what I came up with!

Lace Stamping with Gold Accents
The base colour is GellieBeans Buttercream Frosting which I blogged about here. It's a beautiful nude vanilla cream sort of colour that goes perfectly with my skin tone. It has the potential to clash with paler skin so keep this in mind if you're thinking of purchasing it.

Lace Stamping with Gold Accents
Natural light
I was inspired by some manis I saw on a Facebook group that used metallic polish just on the tips so I decided to try it out for myself! For this design I used Emily de Molly's EDM01 stamping plate. This plate contains all lace images and is very finely etched making the designs quite delicate looking. I've featured designs using this plate quite frequently on the blog and this image in particular is my favorite. For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas Gold which is an awesome stamping polish.

Lace Stamping with Gold Accents
Natural Light
 
For the tips I free handed them using a fine detailing brush that I picked up at the art store. I used the MDU Gold again for the tips and the colour's quite opaque so it worked well. After waiting a few minutes for the image to dry I top coated everything using my favorite Pieta's Polish Quick, Gloss Me Up! I had no smudging and the images all turned out really good!

Lace Stamping with Gold Accents
Natural Light
 
I'm quite happy with how this turned out. It makes the almond points look quite elegant. 

Are you a fan of mixing metallics with crème polishes?
Have you tried stamping yet?

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment